A solid math foundation is vital for students to succeed. Students with weak basic math skills have challenges not only in mathematics but also in areas where critical thinking or problem solving skills are required; which of course cuts across all spheres of life.
It is a known fact that students generally have an aversion to mathematics. The basis of this aversion probably started from a formed opinion or attitude; maybe due to information they got from their predecessors who also hated mathematics.
At Brainy Educare, we believe that every child can excel if given the opportunity and exposing them to mental challenges can only make them smarter learners eventually.
At this one week program, our foci will be in the following areas:
- CRITICAL THINKING/LOGIC
- ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION
- AUDITORY PROCESSING
- VISUAL PROCESSING
- PROCESSING SPEED
- MENTAL PROJECTIONS
Additionally, individual assessments will be done before and after the program to ascertain the level of each participant and a report will be provided to the parents based on this.
In a nut shell, the aim and objectives of the program can be summarized as:
- Motivating students for success in Mathematics.
- Desensitizing them of any fears related to maths
- Assessing their previous knowledge of mathematical operations and consolidating on suchLaying basic foundation for everyday mathematics outside the classroom.
- Stimulating the brain for abstract calculations and logical thinking.
- Exposing them to the basics of Mathematical concepts using the hands-on approach.
- Recommending remedial programmes where necessary.
As usual, our team of educational psychologists, counselors, life coaches and motivated tutors are ready to make the experience another worthwhile event.
A typical day of the training starts with a motivational talk on mathematics. This is to work on the attitude of the student and make them understand the vital place that math occupies in every career or profession. It is also to make them understand that math can be learnt by everybody through real life story telling about people who were “very dull” and performed poorly in math but were able to do very well later on when their attitude and practices changed.
The motivational session is followed by a drill – “the number drill”. This further boosts the “I CAN DO IT” spirit alongside enhancing their focus and concentration skills.
- Fun learning rather than conventional teaching
- Participatory and Inspiring
- Brain fitness activities
- Logic puzzles that requires critical thinking and speed processing skills
- Opportunity for individual counseling on a daily basis for students with situational crisis.
We have realized over the years that when students are able to solve some math without the use of writing materials, they get better, develop more confidence in their own problem solving and critical thinking skills and eventually attain a higher level of self esteem!
The Outliers School, 45 Eric Manuel Crescent off Bode Thomas, Surulere, Lagos
Quality service delivery remains our watchword and we therefore cannot accommodate more than we can adequately cater for.
Registration is based on reservation.
To register your child, > Click Here
or call; 08036966461, 07089793568.
Course Fee: N15,000
This fee includes a start-up pack, course materials, tea break and lunch as well as a certificate of participation and entry-exit report at the end of the course.
Course fee is payable to Brainy Educare Services, GTBank, 0014562007.
We look forward to having your child(ren) join our team of motivated learners.